melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Monday, May 15, 2006

Not doubling

My numbers came back from my second blood test and things are not looking good. The double rate is happening every 3 days not every 2 days. My current beta for 17dp3dt is 162. The nurse told me that the numbers are not great, but to check again on Friday to see if anything gets better. The spotting is still the same and she told me to continue to take it easy for the next few days. I am feeling the despair setting in. I am still emotionally very unstable from the last miscarriage. Having another one so close to the last one is almost more than I can bear. I am not even optimistic on this one. I just don’t want to let myself feel anything about this. The loss is just too painful. Maybe if I keep my emotions out of it, it won’t hurt so much, but so far, it’s not working.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    I know it's hard to have hope, but dont give up entirely. I totally understand that protection mode though - if you dont allow yourself to hope or get excited, the pain wont be so bad. I'm just praying that you wont have to go down that road.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the numbers keep rising. My theory is, as long as the blood is still brown, you have a chance.

    HUGS!!!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mellie said…

    I'm sorry Mel. Hoping that things turn out differently than last time.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Milenka said…

    I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best. Trudging through miscarriage after miscarriage has been the hardest part of this whole thing for me. *hugs*

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger x said…

    This must be such a stressfull time. Like the others, I am hoping for the best. Thinking of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home