melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Friday, April 28, 2006

Implantation Cycle #2

Today was the day. I took the day off from work and slept in until 9, took a shower, took my motrin, metformin, and estrace pills. I also got to insert a vaginal supository. My first one - all I can say is... lovely. Starting at 11, I had to start drinking 30 ounces of water. I did that and got to the clinic at 11:45. My proceedure was to start at noon. However, when I got into the room and they did an ultrasound, my bladder wasn't even full yet. I had to drink 20 more ounces of water and wait another 30 minutes. Once the bladder was full, they could begin. First the bad news, we had 6 frozen embryos, 5 survived the thaw, and 3 didn't grow. The good news is the 2 did make it to the 8 celled stage and were classified as good to excellent. 2 were implanted, so now I am on bed rest for 48 hours. I'll find out on May 10 if this works or not.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    That is great news about the 2. Good for you for taking the day off. Sometimes we just need to relax and pamper ourselves. It sounds like you did that today. I hope that your little embryos dig and get comfortable.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Mellie said…

    Having two embryos to transfer is great. I do hope they implant and that 2 weeks from now you'll be celebrating.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    I so hope those little bean dig in deep. One of my good friends had only 2 and those little babies are just about to show their faces to the world. HOLD ON TO HOPE!

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good Luck!! May 10th is next Wednesday. You only have to suffer through one more weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home