melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Friday, April 21, 2006

Woe is me

I am about one week away from implanation, when my good old friend, the ULCER, shows up again. And in a flamingly pissed off way. It flared up early Wednesday morning. I tried with all of my might to manage my diet and eat Tums to manage the pain in hopes I could heal it on my own. After 3 day and nights of agony, I broke down and filled the perscription for treatment. Trouble is, I don't think that I can take this medication if I am pregnant. Do I sacrafice this month's cycle to treat the ulcer, or do I plow ahead and implant in hopes of getting pregnant? I feel like my biological clock is about to run out and I don't want to waste more time. What to do? What to do?!?
:(

3 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    This is a tough one. If it were me this is what I would think and do, but I live in wishful thinking:

    Take the drugs. If God wants you to be pregnant He will work past the meds and give it to you. Like I said, I live in a dream world.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    Tag, you're it! Check out my blog to see the scoop.

    As for the ulcer, that's a toughy. Just after my first IVF bfn, I developed one. It seems to flare up when I get anxious. What helped me the most was therapy.... and staying away from certain foods.

    Have you talked to the Dr's to see if there is a drug that IS safe to take during pg? Oh, you really are btwn a rock & a hard place.

    Big HUGS!!

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    Well I guess you've already been tagged. So hopefully you can "kill" two birds with one stone.
    Sounds like you already have some good advice. I would say weigh your options. Then do the best you can do. I do know that your health has to come first or you are not good to anyone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home