melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Friday, April 14, 2006

Go or no Go for launch

Drugs... Go
Hormone levels... Go
Ultra sound... Go
Nerves...
Nerves...
nerves?...

I am not sure on the nerves part of the implantation equation. I am glad to be doing this again, but I am scared as hell that it won't work again. My husband and I are very low key on this attempt. No one knows this time. My ulcer will serve as the excuse as to why I am passing up a coffee or a glass of wine.

For this implanatation cycle, we will be putting in 2 8-celled embryos. I am doing a delestrogen cycle this time as well. The last cycle was a slightly different protocol. This one is simpler. Turns out, I still had so much medicine left over from the last cycle, that I didn't have to order anything new, so my panic on Sunday was for nothing. Whew! Monday was day 1, so I hope to have 2 of my remaining 6 popcicle children implanted by end of month. I must say, I didn't miss the shots in the butt, but they are back again and at least they are not as scary as last time I had to do them.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    Great news. Best of luck to you. I love the excuse for the caffiene and alcohol. I will have to borrow that one.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger KrimoJo said…

    Hi Mel,
    I found your blog from a comment on Milenka's. I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage.
    I know you in real life and wanted to let you know I found your blog. - We worked together a year ago. You can check out my blog and you'll see that you know me.
    Warning, I had a baby in January and there are baby pics on my blog.
    I have my fingers crossed for you for this cycle.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    Mel,

    Just wanted to thank you for your post on my blog. You actually helped me realize that it's ok to be confused. I think you have the right idea - IVF and adoption at the same time. I dont know why I felt it had to be one or the other. Silly me.

    Best of luck with the IVF and adoption.

    Your neighbour to the North,
    Kim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home