melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I got Tagged

No, not the graffiti kind, the kind you gotta share 6 random things about yourself. So here it goes…

1. I am an insomniac. I have a "restless" mind. I have learned over the years that if I put in a movie that I like, but I seen a few times, I will slowly tune it out and fall asleep in 15 minutes instead of an hour or more. However, I share a bed with my husband who needs quite. Solution? Wireless headphones. Now mind you, these are not for the faint of heart. Oh no, these suckers are HUGE. Like Princess Leia hair buns.

2. Speaking of that... What's normally in my DVD player for my nightly viewing pleasure? Star Wars! I honestly have seen all of the original 3 movies so many times, that I have memorized nearly the entire dialog. Go ahead, test me. :) You start a line and I can finish it. (Factoid: Did you know that in line "I have a bad feeling about this" is in every Star Wars movie?)

3. Ok - so I have established that I am a geek and proud of it. I work at a company where being a geek is embraced. But I do like some cool things, like NASCAR. I am not a redneck, but I sure do love the sport. I got hooked on it a few years ago and I am slowly initiating many Seattleites into the sport. It is usually on in the mornings on Sunday, so I can watch in my sweats and drink my latte. Yummm.

4. Completely random - I have an inexplicable fear of water towers. Don't ask.

5. I hate seafood. Now that may not seem too weird, but listen to where I have lived. I am a native Newfie from Newfoundland Canada where fishing is the main employer. I then moved to Bermuda, an island. Then I moved to the Azores Islands of Portugal. I lived in NH and now I live in Seattle. I am like a freak of nature in ALL of these places.

6. I love office supplies; Office Depot is like my Mecca. I love to be organized by using pretty colored organizational items. My office at work is quite cheery with all of the items I have surrounded myself with. I tell myself that this will make me more productive, but I am not sure that it actually helps, but who cares. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    Hahaha.... Princess Leia hair buns. I'm not a total SW junkie, but I'd have to say my fav part of any of the original movies is when Chewie is swinging on a vine (or something) and does a tarzan yell. DH thot I was THE coolest chick ever when I picked up on that.... and it only took watching the movies 1x to get it!!

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    This is the first time that I have heard of a water tower fear. Very funny

     

Post a Comment

<< Home