melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Friday, May 26, 2006

It’s over.

Again. Failed pregnancy #3.

HCG numbers did even double in 4 days, and both ultrasounds showed no signs of life. The really crappy part of all of this is I have to stay on all medications so I do not begin the miscarriage while I am away. When I come back I will have a final ultrasound, if I haven’t already begun the m/c, then stop all medications and let the m/c happen on it’s own. Again.

As painful as this is, my husband and I have made some decisions around the future of our next IVF cycle.

  1. We are changing doctors. The one we have now is really friendly, but he is more conversational than informational.
  2. We are going to regulate where we get the blood test. Right now we have to drive 30 miles for quick 5 minute blood test is ridiculous.
  3. If we get pregnant again, the only way we are going to find out is via a pee stick test. We are then going to wait 9 to 10 weeks before we go in and do any tests like blood work and u/s. All of the emotions and anxiety of all of these test are heart wrenching. And the reality of it all is that there isn’t a DAMN thing anyone can do about anything anyway. If the HCG rises slow or fast, it the embryo is big or little, if there is one or two it doesn’t change the outcome. So screw it! I am going to try to make the pregnancy as normal as possible. When regular people get pregnancy, they POAS and then there are no tests done until almost the end of the first trimester. I rather live blissfully ignorant than stressed out for weeks on end which can’t be good for me or any baby growing inside of me. You all might thing I am a damn fool, but for my mental health, this is what our plan is for next time. Hopefully there will be a next time.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    Mel.... I am so heart-broken over your news. This is just so not what I was hoping to read and I am so devestated that you have to stay on the meds. Life is so cruel sometimes.

    I hope your heart can start to heal when it's ready.

    HUGE CYBER HUGS!!!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    I am so sorry. No words to give you that will make you feel better. Just know that I am sorry and praying for you.

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger M said…

    I just found your blog and I'm so very sorry you have gone through this again.....
    Thinking of you....

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Chee Chee said…

    I am so sorry, Mel. This is just too awful.

    I don't think your plan is crazy at all. I think you need to do whatever it takes to get your through this process. If that means changing doctors and getting u/s and b/w a few weeks later, I say do it. Infertility is difficult enough without the never ending tests.

    Take care.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Mellie said…

    So sorry, Mel.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger x said…

    I am so sorry. I think your plan sounds like a good one, what ever you need to do to protect your heart. Thinking of you...hugs.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    Mel - I am not sure when you are back, but just so that you know you were missed...I am tagging you. Please see my blog (Tagged -post). Hope your trip is going well and that this whole IVF fallout - stuff was manageable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home