melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Saturday, May 20, 2006

by the numbers

So here is the deal on the beta numbers:

13dp3dt - 66
17dp3dt - 162 (doubling every 74 hours)
20dp3dt - 486 (doubling every 48 hours)
22dp3dt - 802 (doubling every 66 hours)

So still low and slow rising. The bummer is that I think I am feeling twinges every now and then in the right ovary area. Could it be ectopic? On top of that, I am leaving on Memorial Day for 10 days to travel to UK and Hong Kong for work. Then as soon as I get back, I am going on vacation to Colorado. I would hate to in another country if an emergency shows up. I am going to ask my doc to give me an u/s before I leave to see if anything can be seen good or bad. I don't know if it is too early or not to see anything, but I want to try.

I also found out that my biological sister is pregnant.
-------------------------------------------------------
Update: I got in touch with my doctor, and he wants to see me first thing tomorrow for bloodwork and an ultrasound. I am 6 weeks tomorrow, so he is hoping to see something at this point that can tell me if there is a problem or not.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    Oy, I can so understand why your upcoming travel plans would be cause for concer. I think your trip to the doctor would be very wise. I am sure there are tests that they can do for an ectopic.

    Also a little assvice...I might have insurance and medical care facilitators close to where you will be checked out before I left. It will be far better to be safe then sorry. The good news is that the UK and Hong Kong should have great medical care. At least you are not scheduled to go on an African Safari or anything.

    I really hope that everything is okay and the "little one" is just a slow bloomer.

    Wow pregnant sister. I would think that this probably brings a lot of mixed feelings. My thoughts are with you

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Mellie said…

    Glad that you're seeing the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully you'll get some good news and some answers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home