melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Sunday, March 05, 2006

Friend's Baby

I am very happy for my friend, she had her baby 3 weeks early on Tuesday. She was born 4 lbs 12 oz. and her labor only lasted 5 hours with out much discomfort. As great as all this is, it hurts... me. I want to be in her shoes. I am supposed to be 16 weeks tomorrow, and I'm not. Instead I am waiting for my period to return. How sad. Now the question is, when will it get here. The sooner the better. I want to try again.

A little backgound on me... I am adopted, twice. Sounds weird, but really isn't not. I was adopted by my Mom and, we'll call him, Dad#1. I was 10 weeks old. When I was 8 my Mom and Dad#1 divorced. She met another man and married him when I was 10. At the age of 12, I asked him to adopt me so now he is Dad#2. I feel that that they are both my dads and have both raised me for about the same amount of time.

I had never really considered adopting a child because I really wanted to have a child of my own, one that looked like me since I look like no one in my family. It was so important to have someone look like me. I know that this is selfish, but I really couldn't help it. However, things have changed recently. I found and met my birth family in '05. Having met a mother, father, sister, 2 brothers, a grandmother and several aunts and uncles, I don't have the uber desire to have my own. Don't get me wrong, I still want to have a baby, but the idea of adoption is back on the table. I think that I'd like to adopt a little girl from China. I went to Hong Kong last year, and I just fell in love with the area and the people. It just seems like the right thing to do.

I want to persue getting pregnant again, and then get past the first trimester, then begin the steps to adopt. Who knows, with any luck, we may end up with 3 children! :) Adopt one and have twins! A whole house full of kids, WOW. How wonderful to dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home