melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Waiting...

Still waiting for my period. It's been 5 weeks exactly since I miscarried. I have heard that the period can return between 4 and 7 weeks. I really don't like all of the waiting. I always seem to be in some sort of waiting pattern. I had to wait until the lab was finished to get my IVF procedure, then I had to wait until they had an opening, then I had to wait and heal from my OHSS after the egg retrieval surgery, wait for the miscarriage, and now this. Wait. Wait. Wait!

Meanwhile, I can celebrate in the fact that today is my 5 year anniversary since I had my RNY gastric bypass surgery. I used to be morbidly obese (MO) and I had tried every diet and was failing miserably. PCOS has a statistic that shows that like 90% of PCOS sufferers are overweight. We tend to carry out weight like a man, up in the upper body, not in the butt and thighs like most women. There are other PCOS symptoms that are almost as lovely like facial hair, acne, and oh yeah, that whole thing about not being able to get pregnant! I lost 107 pounds and went from a size 24 to a size 4. I feel so NORMAL weight wise. I feel healthier. I can feel my bones! Here’s my
story in detail.

This week I am in Orlando staying on the Disney property for a conference. We all went to Epcot for one of of the evenings. I haven't been here since I was at my pre-surgery weight and I couldn't fit in to many of the seat on the rides. I got to ride the rides I couldn’t before. Yea. I don't regret my difficult decision to have WLS, and I know that it saved my life.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Mellie said…

    As the song goes, waiting is the hardest part. Glad you had fun at Disney in the meantime. And those before & after pics are proof of an amazing transformation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home