melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Saturday, March 25, 2006

Adoption Option

D and I went to an informational meeting regarding international adoption 2 weeks ago. It was so emotional for me. I kept tearing up over and over. I could sense that other women in the room were feeling the same thing. Part of the informational was a woman who came to the meeting with her new daughter she adopted from China. The little girl was so adorable. D even got misty eyed. We decided to adopt a while ago, no matter what. Even if we are able to finally have a baby, we want to adopt. It's the right thing to do for us. I was adopted and I doing the same thing for another little girl would give me so much happieness and fulfillment. I am going to try to get anoter implantion cycle done in the next month before start the process. We want to know if we are pregnant and get through the first trimester before we start, that way, if I stay pregnant, then I won't be 9 month pregnant when it's time to pick up our baby girl from China.

The other news in my life these days is not so happy. I had been having some really sharp pains that just would go stop unless I ate something. It got bad enough that I went to the ER. It was discovered that I have an ulcer. :( I have to take medicine to help heal the ulcer, but that also means that I am on the medication for 6 weeks which will put off my implantation cycle another month. Part of me wants to stop the medication once my next period starts so I can move forward with IVF. I ain't getting any younger that's for sure. My ulcer I am pretty sure, came from my heavy drinking after the miscarriage. I was drinking about a bottle of wine each night. I just didn't care about me and what it was doing. So no more drinking for quite some time. Hopefully until there's a baby in this house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home