melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Nothing good can come...

...from the second ultrasound. I have never had a good sencond ultrasound, and nothing was different about this one either. Every single time I have had the 10 week u/s, there are dead babies. I was scared out of my mind going into this. Well, today was no different. After finally getting my head around that fact that there were going to be two babies and getting excited about it. After starting to show a little bit of a pregnant belly. After starting to share with a few people about it. The dream became the nightmare. Again. One of the twins was dead. It must have just happened. It looked almost normal except no heart beat. No nothing. Miscarriage #5. I am totally freaked out. Will the other die too? What did I do? Was it because I ate peanuts the other day on the plane? My husband is allergic to them, maybe the baby was too and I killed it. This just can't keep being genetic. The odds of that are unrealistic. Is my body poison to babies?

The other baby seems fine, strong heart beat, we even saw it doing a little wiggle dance, but is it just a matter of time or will this be for real? They want me back for another u/s in a week. I dread every second of it. Will it mean seeing another dead baby?

7 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. You have to fight strong for this baby. Don't give up hope. I will be praying.

    HUGS!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    You have been on my mind all day. I truly prayed for you this morning during my walk. I hope you found strength today.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    Crap! I am so sorry. I am wishing, hoping, and praying that healthy baby stays strong and dancing. It does not mean that this baby will not be okay next week. Keep in mind that some women have had full-term pregnancies after more than 5 miscarriages. Please keep us posted. Hugs and please completely pamper yourself as much as possible

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Thalia said…

    Mel, I'm so sorry that you have yet another loss to mourn. I'm hoping very hard that the other baby survives.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dr. Grumbles said…

    I got here from Maya's blog. I am so sorry.

    I really hope the other twin makes it.

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Milenka said…

    I am so very sorry.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    I am so sorry. Nothing ever seems to come easy does it. I will say a prayer for baby #2.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home