melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Tuesday, September 19, 2006

32

I had my egg harvesting surgery this morning. I am working very hard to keep from going into OHSS. Drinking lots of fluids and keeping to low sodium diet.

When we left to drive into Seattle to the clinic, it was pouring rain, traffic was gnarly, and we ended up being 30 minutes late. The good news, so was the anesthesiologist and the doctor. :) Whew. Then when it came time to hook me up to the IV, it took 4 tries to find a good vein. It took all I had to stay conscience, but man am I going to have some pretty bruises. Then into the OR. Next thing I know, I am in recovery and they tole me that everything went well. They retrieved 32 eggys. I'll find out tomorrow how many were sucessfully ICSIed. I am still keeping up my hopes for a fresh cycle.

So far I have only gained 4 pounds. I'll see what I weigh in the morning to see if I am gained too much like last time. Last time i gained 15 pounds which meant to fresh cycle. Also last time they got 23 eggs, so i don't know if the fact that they got more means OHSS for sure. well see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home