melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Long wait over

I really hate the 2ww and today was the day that I found out if all the work we had done had paid off. I went in for the blood draw and saw 2 of the nurses and my doc and all of them knew that today's the big day. It's nice that even among all of their patients, they they remember me and where I am in the cycle. Then there is the 4-5 hour wait for the results. I tried to keep really busy to make the time go, and of course the call shows up right in the middle of a conference call. So I put the call on hold and answer the other call. They won't miss me right? Ummm no, apparently when I put them on hold for around 5 minutes, they got to hear lovely hold music. OOPS!

The results: Yes, I am pregnant. I am happy but cautious. I have been here before, 3 other times to be exact. The news was good and the number were good too. Last time I did this, my 17dp3dt number was 162, today was 11dp3dt and the number was 351. Much better. Hope that means all good things.

I am working on not being stressed at working. I took an organizational class that uses the Beta version of Outlook, and it has done wonders for me. It can really manage my workload and day better. I hope that keeps me sane.

Tomorrow's my 36 birthday. I am glad it will be one with happy overtones instead of sad ones. D is taking me to Port Ludlow, a really nice little hotel spa. I plan to utilize the facilities along with try my hand at golf. He scheduled some time with a golf instructor. He keeps hoping that one day I'll want to golf with him. It's cute that he keeps trying. I sure do love that man.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    YEAH!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear some good news!!!

    And Happy Birthday a day late! WONDERFUL!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    I am so excited for you. This is good news. Happy Birthday. Enjoy Pt. Ludlow. Surfer's sister lives there. I am impressed by those numbers

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger P. said…

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger KrimoJo said…

    Congrats on the good news and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home