melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wonder Twin Power Activate!

Yup! Twins! I am very happy, but scared at the same time. Can I nourish 2 babies? With a gastric bypassed anatomy, this will mean eating as oftern and as healthily as I can.

When we went in for the u/s, I saw in a split second that there were 2, and that both had fetal poles. As they looked at each one carefully and did all of the measurements, my husband gave my hand a sqeeze when he saw the heart beat. He was very emotional. I am so glad that he was there to see it.

Here are the statistics
Baby A: measures 7 weeks 1 day, heart rate of 145(I am 7 weeks 3 days at time of u/s)
Baby B: measures 7 weeks 1 day, heart rate of 140

So far so good. I am already starting to show. I can't button my jeans anymore so I have to wear long shirts. Not that I am complaining! It's all wonderful, but I still have 7 more weeks to go before I feel more relaxed. I have seen heart beats before and been heart broken so we are just taking one day at a time.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    YEAH~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    Wonderful wonderful news!!!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Milenka said…

    Congratulations! I found out at 7w1d that we were pregnant with twins, and I had the same worries regarding my gastric bypass and my ability to sustain a multiple pregnancy. I'm nearly 35 weeks now, and the doctor said last month that the babies were both right on target. I had my wls in November 2004 and got pregnant with the girls in March 2006. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home