melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Saturday, August 26, 2006

Detox & Hair

This weekend is the last weekend with some of my favorite things, like, caffinee (I like to call it sunshine in a cup), wine, artifical sweetners. That really just leave me with decaf coffee, milk, juice, and water to drink. :( Phooey! I start my Lupron injections on Tuesday - 2/day. I guess I go a little nuts this weekend. :)

Today was fun. D and I did a little house hunting. We don't need a new house and we aren't really looking, but to us, it's a fun weekend out. Today we went to a house that was outrageous. It's really dated and needs tons of maitenance, but the house is 8600 sq ft! That's not a typo. It's wild!

So have I ever mentioned that I am growing out my hair? I am going to donate it to Lock of Love, for wigs for children who have lost their hair to chemo. I have been growing it out for over 2 years and it's really long, but I always had the thought to cut it after we have a baby, in the baby's name. It's now long enough to donate, but no baby. It is starting to drive me crazy, but I am not sure if I should just stick it out and wait or just cut it now. I am going to try to hold out as long as I can.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    What a great idea! I can barely stand to let my hair grow past my shoulders let alone long enough to donate.

    Tough call on waiting. Personally, I would cut it because I think the need of the waiting cancer patient would be on my mind.

    Hugs!!

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    Just checking in. How are the Lupron shots going? Hopefully you're not going too nuts. I always find it takes about 5-7 days for the maximum nuttiness to kick in.

    Hope the detox was too difficult!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    Hope all is well. Haven't heard from you in a while.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home