melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm just like my kitty

Ok, so I still suck at keeping this thing updated. Which in this case means that there really isn't too much to report on IVF-wise. I started on bcp, ran through the month's worth, and today my period started. I called the clinic and talked to the coordinator. I am schedule in office hystoroscopy, folic count, and scoping. They will also order all of my meds and plan our my protocol calendar for this cycle. In other words, starting all over.

So kitty has a new name. She was given the name Thistle by the breeder, but that's not the most cuddly name, so her new name is Bitsy. I spoke with the woman who rescued her from the breeder, and found out some really sad information. Bitsy was apparently the perfect little Devon and the breeeder wanted to show her and then breed her for kittens. So when she was old enough (1 yr), she was bred and she lost all of her first babies before they were born. Then when she was 2, she was pregnant again, and gave birth, but all of her babies died within the first 2 days. As soon as I heard this, I wanted to run home and hold her forever. She's just like me, she can't be a mommy. The first 2 years of her life were aweful, and I really hope she is happy with us. We sure do love her.

On a different note, all of that traveling caught up with me. When I got back from NY, I ended up getting a cold. A cold that turned into larengitis. So while I was in Orlando, I had no voice for the big sales conference. My voice took almost a week to come back. That's what I get for pushing myself. I don't have any travel in the forseeable future, which will the IVF protocol looming, that is definately best. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger Maya said…

    Oh so sad. Bitsy is definitely one of us. Sweet baby.

    Glad to hear from you and that you are doing okay. You were gone a lot. Travel is fun, but it does take a toll.

    We have had some good news in IF blog land. I will hope some of it rubs off onto to you with this new cycle. Keep us posted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home