melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Sunday, July 09, 2006

Travel Overload

So I just got back from Winnipeg. My husband and I were visiting my half-sister (we just met last year when I found my birth family). She and I are so alike that I just proves that genetics sometimes have a more to do with our personality than upbringing can. We both love art, drafting, math, and science. We laugh the same, we have the same manerisms, and we even finish each others sentences. Considering that we just spent 29 years apart, this is very amazing to me.

She is pregnant as well. She is due Nov 4. Funny since she was born in May 4, I was born on Oct 4. 4 seems to be a special day. I did ok considering and I she was very considerate about her pregnancy. I think she knew that it was a tough topic for me. I respect her for being so considerate.

Tuesday I leave for NY city. I am just there for a few hours and then I head back to Seattle. Then for the following week, I head to Orlando for company sales conference. My new position at work is definatly creating many travel miles on my frequent flyer accounts. I think I may have to go back to London in Aug to meet with some of my collegues to sync up our work. It just never ends, but I think I love this work. :) I helps me stay busy and keep my mind of the harder parts of life.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    The travel sounds fun but I bet it can get exhausting.

    I totally understand your 'genetics' thing - DH's half-sis has a lot of the same mannerisms as my MIL and they spent 30+ yrs apart. Sometimes, when we visit her, I do a double take because she reminds me so much of MIL. I'm glad you found your birth family and are able to have a relationship with them.
    From the other side of the coin, I know both DH & I are over the moon to have his sis in our lives.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Maya said…

    I hope these travels invigorate you. Your sister sounds wonderful.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger x said…

    That must have been a great trip meeting a family member and finding an immediate connection. I hope you enjoyed Canada, Winnipeg is a beautiful city.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    Just checking in with you. I hope all is well.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    Ditto - I'm echoing Maya.

    Hope all is ok and your heart is mending.

    Hugs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home