melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Sunday, May 27, 2007

Getting close

I am still pregnant, which is fine by me. I have to say that I like being pregnant. It's been a good pregnancy and it is such a cool feeling to have my little boy moving around inside of me. I will miss that. Of course I am so excited to meet him. I was at the doctors for my weekly appointment, and I was chatting with the doctor and she asked how things were going for me. I said fine and that I was enjoying the process of pregnancy. She said I was the very rare mother who was so calm and not all dying to get the baby out. I think it has to do with what it took to get me here. I have certainly paid my dues and I feel that being pregnant is such a special and privilaged gift that I would never think of complaining. So during this appt we go through the regular checks: weight, urine, measure, and listen for the heart beat. While she is listening to the heart beat, you can hear that the beat of the baby's heart is irregular. Slowing down and speeding up (mine does the exact same thing). My doctor says that she is concerned about this and she wants to monitor me for 30 minutes. If it looks like the baby is stressed, we all go next door and get this baby delivered. WHA! My husband and I just stare wide-eyed looking at each other with gaping mouths. In wheels the fetal monitor and I get hooked up. After 30 minutes, they feel that everything is within normal parameter and that I can go home, but that sure was a surreal moment. We are ready, the suitcase is packed and in the car and the car seat is installed, so it's just the when now.

The baby's room is getting closer. All we have left to do is paint the room which we will have done tomorrow. The we can move in all of the furniture. It's going to be such a cute room. I had 2 baby showers this week and now I feel like we have everything I need. I hadn't bought any clothes or toys to speak of and that is what I requested for the shower All of the big stuff is already taken care of. I did the laundry with all of the baby stuff. I loved folding all of thoes cute baby new born socks. It just makes me giddy thinking about the cute little feet that are going into those.

I think we finally have a named picked out for this little guy, so he won't have an identity crisis. We are keeping it a secret until the baby is here to tell the world. My mom if irked. She wants to know now so she can engrave a cup and spoon that she got, but as much as I love her, she's going to have to wait like the rest of the world. I am evil. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home