melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Thursday, May 10, 2007

Contractions?

Had a little fright last night. Driving home from work yesterday, I had 4 sets of braxton hicks contractions. At least I thought they were. Then for the next 2 hours, I had like 15 more. We started timing their duration and intervals. They were 5 to 6 minutes apart, lasting 1 to 2 minutes each. Seemed like this was it. I laid down on my side. I wanted to get a few more contractions before I called the docs, but then they stopped. And I have only had 2 more today. Not sure what it was, but man it seemed like I was going to have to go in for treatment to stop labor.

My doc today said that she would stop labor if it happened this week, but then said that she would let it happen if it started next week since the baby's weight and size are ok for delivery even if it's a week before full term. It's getting so real. I am still not quite ready yet, but this weekend is a sprint to the finish line in getting ready for work and home for baby. :) Exciting and scary all at the same time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home