melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Saturday, January 27, 2007

An down and up day

This morning began with a scare. I woke up at 4:27 AM with severe right abdominal pain. I could barely catch my breath. After moving around into a few different position, the pain reduced for a while. I was able to get some sleep the remainer of the night but it still hurt. I woke up for work and was still in some mild pain. I was going into the hospital for my 20 week ultrasound so I figured I would weather it through until 1 PM. I kept thinking in the back of my head that this was appendicitis beause of the location of the pain, but I didn't have a fever or an sickness.

I went in for my 20 week ultrasound. They asked how things were and I said fine with the exceptoin of the pain on my right side. They did a very thorough check to see what was going on. It turns out that even while pregnant, I am still suseptable to my wonderful PCOS symptoms. I was found to have a rather large cyst on my right side that was the size of a lime that was being compressed by the uterus and that is why it hurts constantly.

On the other news of the day, Everything looks normal and we found out the sex. Ready? It's a boy! :) We are so excited! I hope he looks just like my husband with maybe my chin (I have a cute clef chin that is a strong feature on my family's side).

2 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    I am sorry for the pain but YEAH to the news of a baby boy!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Barely Sane said…

    Sorry about the cyst but CONGRATS on the baby boy!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home