melz world

a secret site where I can capture my deepest thoughts about my infertility and other whatnots


Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ramblings

First of all, it's been a while since I posted last. So sorry. Part of that was due to the holidays, and the other part is that work, and then finally we were out of power for 6 days. I live in the Seattle area where we had a brutal wind storm right before the holidays and it knocked out our power. It was cold that week too so we were living like cavemen in our livingroom. Fire good!

Over the holiday's I got sick. I am sure I got it while I was flying. Can't they filter the germy air on airplanes? They are such a breading ground for colds and other contagions. I caught something flying out and then returning home. It's too bad our culture in the US doesn't do like the Japanese culure does. When in Japan and you are sick, you wear a surgical maskto prevent sharing your germs. It's good manners.

The real bummer is that I can't really take anything to treat the symptoms. I just have to tough it out. :( The only treatment that I could think of was gargeling with warm salt water for the sore throat. Any other suggestions for cold relief?

I am now 17 and a half weeks pregnant! :) Things are going quite well. I am less tired and gaining weight as I should. I was concerned that I couldn't but so far so good. I still have stress over each day regarding whether or not the baby is alive. So in order to put my nerves at ease, I have rented a fetal monitor to hear the heart beat when I need to. I figure once I feel the baby everyday, I won't be as nervous, but in the mean time, it'll be better for my peace of mind. If I am less stressed, then it's got to be better for my and the baby's health. So it came in the mail today, and I heard it! What a great sound! I feel so blessed.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger BigP's Heather said…

    I would guess (I do not know.) that you could have a peppermint. I know that it is soothing sometimes...

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Sunny said…

    I am so glad you are alive and well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home